Invoicing, paying bills, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations…bookkeeping. This data takes time to collect, process, and balance each month—time that could be spent on projects and tasks that move the needle in your business. Many may choose to keep bookkeeping in-house, taking money that could be spent on employees that would ultimately further the company’s mission.
By outsourcing bookkeeping to a firm like DMA Tax and Accounting, businesses gain peace of mind, and much more. Here are five reasons to consider outsourcing your bookkeeping:
- It helps you save money. Outsourcing a bookkeeper who is knowledgeable and efficient will cost less than hiring a full-time in-house bookkeeper and gives your company the opportunity to allocate additional funds to hiring or growing your operations.
- Outsourcing saves time. By hiring out, you can shift the time spent in the books to more important, money-generating tasks. Outsourced bookkeepers are more efficient and are more likely to have in-depth knowledge of the latest bookkeeping programs and software. They can assist business owners with the systems already in place to obtain the most complete financial information or review your current system and provide suggestions to make it easier for you and save additional time.
- Reduce errors and maximize accuracy for tax filings. Having an expert in your back pocket to pay bills, perform bank and credit card reconciliations, invoice, and perform all other bookkeeping functions of your business will ensure your filings are up-to-date, accurate, and meet current standards. Our bookkeepers at DMA provide onsite bookkeeping for added convenience, are experts in QuickBooks, and are supported by our two CPAs on staff if you have accounting or tax-related questions.
- Prepare for tax season without stress. Scrambling to update your records before tax time or being out of compliance because of updated tax law can be a thing of the past with a professional bookkeeper whose mission is to keep your books balanced and accurate.
- A wider range of services could be available. Instead of hiring for a position in-house, you can have access to a company that has a wider range of services in case your needs grow. For example, DMA offers bookkeeping, payroll, accounting, tax preparation, and consulting for small businesses. Our bookkeeping clients benefit from the services we offer and can feel more at ease knowing our team of professionals will put their needs and best interests first.
If you’re considering outsourcing your bookkeeping, or if you’re unsure of what your accounting needs are, we can help. Contact our office and we can help you review your needs and put a simple, effective plan together.